Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catching up!

So it was Teacher Appreciation Week last week and I could've cried, but in a good way. One of my students and his parents had a bouquet of flowers sent to me at school. It made me feel so good. I needed that. I told him that he is the first person to do that. Plus, I didn't say it, but I haven't gotten flowers in like six years or so. Right around the time my ex and I first started dating. Our principal also bought us a wonderful lunch from Los Domingos. it's nice to feel some appreciation for all of the hard work.

On Thursday, it was my mom's birthday. It is so hard to believe that both of my parents are in their sixties. It just doesn't seem right. Well anyways, we went to Red Lobster for dinner and it was soooo good. Afterwards I picked the kids up from their dads and took them to my parent's house for cake. How do you buy something for your parent's these days? They keep insisting that they don't want anything. Well that's because they go out and get what they want. I can't afford a cruise or anything like that so I guess it's a nice dinner and family bonding time.

Saturday, my daughter went to a friends house for a birthday party and had her first sleepover. She had a blast. Of course the whole night she was gone i was thinking that the parents would be calling me anytime to come pick her up. Oh well! Good for her! She is growing up too fast. While she was at the party, Alex and  I picked up some party stuff for his birthday party. This time the party is at my house. Can't afford Chuck E Cheese. Then we went to the movies and saw Iron Man2. I liked it and so did Alex to the point where on Mother's Day guess where Alex, Erin, Me, and grandpa and grandma went? yep to see Iron Man 2. It's okay though. We had a nice day. We picked up Erin and headed out to Antelope Valley to meet my folks for lunch at the Famous Daves.(yummy food!!!) Then off to the movies. Afterwards everyone went back to where my folks were staying and went swimming, yes you read that right, swimming. It was colder than heck out, but the pool was heated.


Before heading home we stopped at Barnes and Noble. I am so proud of Alex. He picked up four chapter books to read. On the way home he read half of the Beast Quest book he bought. I don't know how he doesn't get car sick doing that, but he did it. Instead of playing on his DS. LOVE IT!!!!!

2 comments:

FY said...

I love your new blogger theme--very pretty!
Oh, I also LOVE Famous Dave's--that is one of my favorite restaurants.
It sounds like you had a really busy weekend. But good busy!

Jodi said...

Pretty theme! Glad you had a nice week. We also had our staff appreciation last week, and the whole thing made me feel really good. We need stuff like that to boost our morale as teachers, especially in times like these where it can be hard to feel valued.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 chitchat. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase