Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We Want To Hire You But.......

So I recently filled out an application for a middle school social studies teacher at the Lewis Center. I have a feeling i am being an ass for doing it though. six years ago, I started subbing there. I was always working there as well, for kindergarten all the way through twelth grade. When I was going to school to be a teacher, I hadn't quite gotten my prelimenary credential, but i figured that it was worth a shot to apply there for a first grade position. I interviewed, made it through a second interview, they checked on my references, and boom I didn't get the job because they were going through accredition year and they were afraid that they might get dinged because I wasn't credentialed yet. Okay, no problem, i understand. Then, two years ago, different situation. I was credentialed, had some experience, and there was another opening. Made it through like before and no job offer. Lastly, they decided to expand their school. They had 12 openings. okay, I just might have a shot this time. Went through both interviews, calls on references, and no job offer. Why? well i found out that the board wanted to hire first year teachers so they could save on salaries. My mom found out too that every teacher on the interview panel wanted me and was shocked that I didn't get an offer. Then, last week, on Wednesday, my principal called me in the office and told me that the Lewis Center was calling on my references again. They told her that there was an elementary opening and they were going to hire someone from the hiring group last year and that they were seriously considering me for the job. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I figured this was it. NO CALL yet.

So my question is, why would I go through yet another interview with the Lewis Center? Do they really not want me? Am I waisting my time? Well that's more than one question. But, really, I feel like an idiot and they are sitting there looking at my application going, "This lady, again?!!!" I really feel like I shouldn't put forth the effort or waist my time this time. I think that I made a mistake. Besides, i am not sure i wouls have a good shot because I only have a supplemental in Social Studies. There could be others applying that are more qualified than me. Okay, i am done complaining

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Awwww, don't beat yourself up over this Sarah. It never hurts to simply put in an application. Worst case scenario, you never hear from them, no harm, no foul. Best case scenario, you get a job offer! Try not to feel foolish about it--at the moment you have no contract for next year, and you gotta do what you gotta do. There's nothing foolish about applying for jobs, and I think the fact that you've tried the Lewis Center more than once just sends them the message that you have perserverance and that you are serious about wanting the job.

FY said...

SCREW that place! Let's go burn it down! J/K
Hang in there...Hopefully they will come to their senses and recognize all the effort you have put forth to obtain a position at their school.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 chitchat. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase