Friday, June 4, 2010

I think I am allergic to the sun!

So last weekend I went to the San Diego Zoo. Had a great time till I realized that I was getting a little pinkish. So I had to do what I could to stay in the shade. How funny was it that out of ten of us there, NO SUNSCREEN! it's okay I had a blast anyway. Especially when I start hearing a conversation from Shannon's mother inlaw about when the end of the world will come, and of course I piped up and said,"I think the world is going to last FOREVER! I don't think she knew what to say about that. She's a trip. I come home, spread on the aloe vera gel and moving on.

The next day, the kids and I went out towards Santa Clarita and went swimming in the big family pool. First of all, I just want to add how F-ing cold that water was. It's not heated and the water comes from a natural spring. I have been swimming in lake water and at least I warm up after awhile, but not this water. My TITS WERE FROZEN FOR THREE HOURS!!!! I could have kept a drink chilled to perfection. My nipples poked out like I was ready for a madonna music video of vogue. Well, after being 15 minutes in the water, I again got burned in other areas that weren't burned the day before. I even put sunscreen on. Stupid spray on!
So I go home and again lather on the aloe vera gel and sting goes away.

Next day, the kids and I went to Fort Irwin to visit family and you guessed it, go swimming in the pool. I take thirty minutes to cake on the sunscreen with my kids, then me. Well, I guess in that period of time I was putting sunscreen on my kids, my scalp and back get burned. Oh well, I tried. Sooooo, what do ya think I did as soon as we got home. And, I placed the fan permantely to blow on my back.

So, I cover up and stay out of the sun for three days. I am STILL PINK/RED. But we have swim day today. So I sit in the shade and eventually the sun starts to take away my shade. I lather on the sunscreen, walk around for ten minutes taking pictures and WHAMMO, I burned in the face, I have hand impressions on my arms from where I applied the sunscreen, my chest is burned, and oh yeah I forgot about the tops of my feet. DAMMIT! I officially am allergic to the sun.  Plus, where do ya think I am camping for a week and a half?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hehehe! You need to dress like a Middle Eastern the next time you go out into the sun--it's the only way you'll stay safe!

Oh, and thanks for that lovely description of your chilly boobies--I needed some nice imagery to help me go to sleep tonight! LOL

FY said...

LMAO! Frozen Boobies! LOL!
That was great moment: When you said, "I think the world is gonna last forever!" She didn't even have a clue where to go with that, and it shut her up!
I hope your burn gets better. I BARELY got burned. I haven't peeled or anything. My kids didn't burn at all. Maybe you should wear a nun habit or something. (Of course that would make you look inoocent, and we all know the truth! lol)

Sarah Jean said...

Your welcome Jodi, anything I can do to help. i agree Shannon, there is no way I could pass off as a nun. God would strike me down with lightening. I just wanted to make sure you got the point of how cold the water was. I figured it wasn't enough to just say,"it was cold!"

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 chitchat. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase